(External) MSc projects
An MSc project is worth 30 ects, and is scheduled in the last
Below a list of external MSc projects that are available.
Some of these project descriptions are out of date, but these
companies and organisations often have other current
possibilities in the same field.
A list of internal MSc project ideas at the Digital Security group
in Nijmegen is available here.
- NXP in Eindhoven has a MSc thesis possibilities on JavaCard
- Innovation District biedt een project aan rondom
De inzetbaarheid van trust networks voor Federated Identity Management.
- De information security group van TNO heeft ook een aantal afstudeeropdrachten beschikbaar
MOBiNET Identity Management,
Implementatie van smartcard relay attack,
Sterkte van wachtwoorden tegen een GPU, en
Anomalie detectie op DNS requests.
- Accenture, Amsterdam offers master projects and internships in Information Security.
- Deloitte, Amstelveen has several internships available, for instance in the area of
mobile device security (Bring Your Own Device), SCADA security, public key infrastructure and vulnerability testing.
- UL in Leiden (formerly called Collis) has several possibilities eg. in the field of
electronic payment schemes using smartcards or NFC phones.
- NEDAP in Groenlo has numerous possibilties, eg. in the area of Security Management
or RFID usage in hospitals or retail.
- Security Management (Access Control and Policy
Enforcement) for Embedded Systems, at Philips Research Eindhoven.
- OpenID, at Novay in Enschede
- Social Networks and Privacy, at TILT in Tilburg
- Various internships at Université Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Forensic Technology at KPMG
- Identity Management - Business niveau, TNO ICT, Groningen.
- Identity Management - Demonstrator, TNO ICT, Groningen.
- PKI Smartcard analyse at TNO ICT, Delft.
- Security Analyse van Web server op Simcard at TNO ICT, Groningen.
- Java Card Application Side Channel Protection, at Riscure, Delft
- Side Channel Protection in Smart Cards, at Riscure, Delft.
- Analysis of white box cryptography, at Riscure, Delft.
- Identity management for shared devices, at Philips Research, Eindhoven.
- Identity Management for Experience Sharing, at Philips Research, Eindhoven.
- Several projects at Software Improvement Group, Amsterdam.
- Projects on AAA and on NAC, at ON2IT, Waardenburg.
- Projects on Curve25519 and on DNSCurve-analysis, -forwarder, and -resolver, at ON2IT, Waardenburg.
The following internships are available.
If you are a company interested to have students of the Kerkchoffs
Institute as an intern, or if you have a MSc project that would
suit our students, please
and we will list your offer here.
Thesis opportunities in India
Contacts are being established with
the Cyber Security
of Amrita University in South India. It is possible to
do your master thesis project there. It will broaden your horizon.
Expenses in India are very modest, but you will have to pay for
the trip yourself. If you are interested in this option, please
contact Bart Jacobs at Nijmegen (email@example.com
). He will help
you to establish contacts in India.